Be on the lookout for Black Women's Blueprint Media Mentions and Footprints each week. Check out where we left our mark in the last week of Black Herstory Month and other important announcements!
Photo: Wings Not Meant to Fly, by Jamea Richmond Edwards
1.These black women are working to take down R. Kelly. And that’s only step one. Read the ANALYSIS | #MuteRKelly and sexual violence against women of color
2.Check out this America Uprising Segment titled "We Didn't Just Begin To Be Activists; We've Always Been Revolutionaries" featuring Farah Tanis on Refinery29
3.Read Brooklyn nonprofit gets $50K grant to help end sexual violence in Metro U.S.
4. Placing #MeToo in Black history in Seattle Globalist
5. Black Women's Blueprint is featured: Raliance Awards Over Half a Million Dollars in Third Round of Grants to Prevent Sexual Violence in Global News Wire
6. Learn more about the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Here: I’m a Campus Sexual Assault Activist. It’s Time to Reimagine How We Punish Sex Crimes in the New York Times
7. We also joined a panel of media professionals from Mic, Essence, and Okayplayer at Revolt TV to discuss Undoing Misogyny for a Women's History Month series, clips will be coming out in the new couple of weeks so be on the look out!
8. Join us for our monthly member meeting at the top of March on Monday, March 5 from 6-8pm in Brooklyn at our headquarters. Learn more here.
9. Support the Ida B. Wells monument!
10. Call us for a visit to the Museum of Women's Resistance!