10 things to know this week
1) JULY 29, 2016 2:00 pm - To Protect and Serve: Understanding Cop Culture and the Clash with The Idea That Black Lives Matter webinar being hosted by Black Women's Blueprint. This is your chance to register.
2) What I Wish I Could Say to My Mother: Understanding Child Sexual Abuse in Black Communities This is your chance to register.
3) We Matter: Transformative Bystander Intervention Everywhere.
4) The Museum of Women's Resistance is Working on Vintage: Respectability and the Hypersexual Gaze.
5) Cosby Watch: Rape is still the subject of jokes, as Comic-Con unveils clip of 'Family Guy' featuring a remake of 'The Princess Bride' With Bill Cosby and Stewie.
6) Black Women's National Healing Circle Online is set to begin in September.
7) Black Women Build Solidarity Economy With a Collective Museum Shop, Swap and People's Bank.
8) Black Women Raise Money for Brazil Black Feminist Conference, For Survivor Led Projects and More.
9) What we're reading: Black Women's Blueprint's Executive Director, Farah Tanis picks up Patricia Hill Collins' new book, Intersectionality and begins the countdown to a forthcoming mamablack review.
10) Ms. Foundation supports Black Women's Blueprint NYC for CEDAW campaign to ensure an ordinance inclusive of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender non-conforming and gender-fluid people.